When I released the ebook of Housewife with a Half-Life I was delighted with the response but many of you kindly said that you’d like to buy the paperback version. I’m happy to now pronounce Housewife with a Half-Life formally available on paperback.Cheers! Clink Clink!
You can purchase Housewife with a Half-Life on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Barnes and Noble and the Book Depository among other retailers. On 22nd June Hughes & Hughes will host the real world launch of the book, they did this lovely write up with a downloadable invite if you are in Dublin that day.
Winner of the kilt competition is D.J. Kirkby. Please tweet or email me your contact details!
LAUNCH COMPETITION OF CURIOUS AND THRILLING DOMESTIC ITEMS!
To celebrate today’s launch you can be in with a chance to win the following:
- A hug for every occasion when you’re saving the universe. Our loveable character Fairly Dave (who has luminescent emotions) carries The Book of Hugs with him in his Temporal Toolbelt and refers to it in sticky situations. A hug can salve most the effects of housewife disintegration and even sort some temporal anomalies.
- PRIZE 3:
- Make eggs in the shape of stars! Susan Strong has four year old twin boys Pluto and Rufus whose temporal hopping bunk bed causes chaos. These fried egg moulds are desirable for any space travelling family.
- To possibly win the prizes you can do any or several of the following:
- 1: Comment here, saying which number of prize you’d prefer
- 2: On Facebook. Go to my Facebook page and like A.B. Wells and share the book release posts. I will make a note of Facebook folk.
- 3: On Twitter. Tweet or Retweet (from @alisonwells) book tweets or links to this blogpost and comp. Use the hashtag #HWHL. I will make a note of tweeters.
- 4: Hire a rocket and scratch my book news on the surface of the moon.
- This competition is open until Friday evening. Winners will be announced Sunday 16th. So keep posting and tweeting!
- Sincere Thanks
- I’d like to thank many people, my husband and my children who are interested and supportive of my writing (most of the time!). I’d like to thank Andrew Brown of Designs for Writers, who’s cover has been a big hit and very eye-catching. I’d like to thank Sarah Franklin for editing, for the writers who beta read and proof read and provided expertise, talent that inspired me from my early days online and to all the people who helped with spreading the word with the blog splash last time round to those who are going to do a book tour this time. (Details in the sidebar). A special mention to Rebecca Emin, Vanessa O’ Loughlin, Marc Nash, Claire King, Martha Williams, Rachel Carter, Catherine Ryan Howard, Calum Kerr, DJ Young, Penny Goring, Dan Holloway, Louise Phillips, Paul Carroll, Mariam Kobras and Vanessa Gebbie. There are many other super people who have shared kind words on blog and twitter and you are not forgotten either. I simply don’t have the space to list you all.
- As opposed to the mania of the ebook launch and subsequent race up the charts, I wanted the paperback launch to be more of a slow, sustainable thing. I want to reach out to anyone who has enjoyed my posts or writing and thank you for helping me to develop as a writer by your comments, feedback, links to interesting posts. I want to connect also readers who simply buy the book and curl up somewhere to read it and enter it’s world. Housewife with a Half-Life has been described thusly “This is a laugh out loud funny but also touchingly heartwarming read from an author whose lightness of touch has defined her as ‘something of an alchemist’ in literary circles.” As well as a book about the juggles of life, trying to do the right thing, hanging on to your identity while saving the universe, I tried to bring across in Housewife with a Half-Life some of the wonder of the being a part of this astounding universe.